Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Trip to South America: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hey folks! Dad here. So, yeah...it's now been over a year since we went to Buenos Aires, Argentina (down in beautiful South America). We wanted to share our trip with you. I'm sure that those of you with kids can understand perfectly why we're just now getting around to sharing our travels. In fact, maybe a year ain't so bad.

We're going to be uploading some video installments of our trip (and, someday, other trips as well). I say "installments" because, quite simply, we have a lot of video footage; lot's of very shaky video footage. So you may not want to watch if you are prone to motion sickness. Anyways, by uploading the small installments we are able break one long boring video into several small boring videos. We don't think the videos are boring, though. Okay...Scratch that.
I don't think the videos are boring. But, then again, I'm also the guy who entertains himself by organizing typefaces.

Regardless of their entertainment value...If you envision some Mexican border town (i.e. Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana, etc.) when you hear the name "Buenos Aires" or "South America", please--for the love of everything holy--watch at least a couple of the videos. I think you'll be surprised by how unMexican Argentina is. And please, especially if you are one of my relatives reading this and are about ready to burn me at the stake for sacrilege, don't take "unMexican" to be a dis on Mexico. I love Mexico immensely. But I also love breaking down misconceptions...especially those relating to Latin America.

Alright, I've written enough. Please watch the videos. This first one is actually one of the last in the series, but we happened to finish it first. Enjoy.



P.S. The teacher in me needs to say one more thing: If you want to learn more about Buenos Aires and/or Argentina, go here:

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_aires
www.bue.gov.ar/home/
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina

2 comments:

  1. Your prego belly underneath that life vest makes me laugh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video made me laugh hysterically... and my favorite line, "Geese can be punks." You are A-MAY-ZING!

    ReplyDelete