Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chicago

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been wanting to get a post up about our baby-moon / reunion trip to Chicago for a while!  Last weekend Ian and I flew to Chicago for a Mission Year reunion (minus Maggie).  For those of you that don't know, I did mission work in East Oakland for a year after college and these were all my team mates that had the privilege of living with me in a tiny duplex for a year! :)  Lots of memories there!! :)  

Anyway, it was a wonderful little get away and a great time to catch up on the past 7 years!  (I can't believe it has been that long since I had seen everyone!)  We tried to do everything in the "Chicago Style"... from hotdog toppings and homemade pasta to deep dish pizza with the sauce on the top and public transportation around the city!  Here are a few pictures from our trip!

Here we all are eating our hotdogs "Chicago Style" out in front of the aquarium.

This was one of the sculptures in Millennium Park.  It reflected the whole of Chicago and was so amazing!  Don't you just love interactive art?

Here is another picture from underneath the sculpture.  If you look really close you can see Ian and I in the middle taking the picture.

Ian took this picture of Ohio street at dusk.  Chicago was beautiful!

And, here is the whole crew (without Maggie).  I think everyone looks exactly the same as when we left Mission Year!  I love you guys!!!



2 comments:

  1. awww, how fun Rachie!! I totally forgot that ya'll were doing that! So cool that you are still connected with all of them, so neat.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, so fun! i didn't realize chi-town was this week! you are the most adorable prego!!! how great was reuniting with elijah? can't wait to see you sunday!

    ReplyDelete