Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring is in Full Swing

Spring brings lots of changes in the weather, nature, and the world around us. It always seems that when God moves this side of the Earth into a new season, our own lives take to new and beautiful changes.

There have been a few new and exciting things going on around our house as spring has begun to bud and I thought I would share some of those with you all.

1. The weather has been fluctuating pretty regularly between heavy downpours one day and stunning 90 degree days the next. We have gotten quite creative with our indoor days and the boys favorite thing to do is to build a fort. Since they can't go play in their clubhouse in the back yard, they always want mommy to make one on the inside of the house. I'm quite proud of my creations and they have gotten better and more sturdy with every new one I make. :)

2. Another change the springtime has brought with it is a completely new set of eyes for Ian. He had Lasik surgery and no longer needs glasses! The boys have been THRILLED and naturally assume that Daddy had the surgery just so they could play with his old glasses. :) I came into my room the other day to find Elijah with Daddy's glasses on, reading one of his art books! It was so precious. He literally looked like a miniature Ian!

...Daddy's art book that he was reading through.

3. Another change we are hoping that the spring will help out with is Elijah's potty training. I decided to get a cloth diaper for Elijah to wear when we are at home during the day so that he would be more aware of the feeling of being wet and/or poopy and therefore want to use the potty. He freaking LOVES his "hoooo, hoooo" diaper as he calls it (referring to the sound an owl makes) and always wants to have it on.

So far we have had one successful #2 in the potty and a few #1's. We are still in the beginning stages but I'm proud of my lil guy! :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, potty training already?? crazy!! love that diaper tho, it looks so cool.
    and ha ha, that pic of him with the glasses made me smile so big. what a sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete