Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day with the Darby's

Ian and I packed up the boys and all our stuff and headed to the Darby's for Labor Day weekend. We had soooooooooo much fun being all together and watching the kiddos play. Elijah was in hog-heaven in their playroom, complete with its' own indoor slide. (He thought that was super cool.)

Alex is such a great big sister and she was so gracious to show Elijah all her cool toys. He especially loved her guitars and musical instruments. Carson was helping Joaquin get the hang of the play mat; I'm sure he was reminiscing of all the time he had spent on it himself. :)

We also took pics for the Darby's while we were there. Carson had a special 1 year old "big boy" shoot, Alex had her own diva day, and N8 and Mel joined in for the family pics at the end. Poor Nathan was completely sick on the day we planned to do family pictures but you wouldn't even know it by looking at the photos! He was such a trooper! N8 and Mel are such amazing parents! We always learn so much from them when we watch them in action!

I have to say that the Darby's are photo pros! Usually I have to give my little spiel to the families with little ones before we start shooting. I talk about how the parents just need to hold the pose and smile and I will try to get the kids attention and be snapping a ton so that we can get some good pics. (A lot of parents are trying to get the kids to smile but they themselves are busy looking at their kid or tickling them or what not and so they end up being the difficult ones to get to look at the camera.) But, none of that happened with the Darby's. They were AWESOME little models and Ian and I had a blast capturing their memories!

We ended up with over 200 proofs, so I won't show them all, but these are a few favorites. :) I hope it is ok with Mel that I am showing these. :)


little man, Carson

I love shadow pics. He looks like such a little tough guy with that fohawk!

So, hilarious, this beautiful princess stepped in dog crap! I thought it was worthy of a photo op!


The boys better watch out!



Of course the kids are beautiful when their parents look like this!


I love you guys!


Fun memories of the boys together!





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the pics. The dog poo just cracks me up everytime I see it. I can't wait to see the rest. Wow, what an amazing job! You guys know how to make a fam look good ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!! I am laughing so hard right now at the dog crap pic of Alex! Rachie - you did such a wonderful job...they are all GORGEOUS and ahhh, Carson is a HONEY!!!!!!!! So proud of BOTH you all and your talents and gorgeous families!! mwaaa! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete