Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

I had a wonderful birthday weekend with my girls!  Ian took the boys to my mothers house for the weekend, so my best girl friends, Melissa and Sally and I had the house to ourselves. 

Sally drove down from Waco on Friday afternoon and greeted me with all sorts of treats she had put together for the girls weekend.  She made Melissa and I special bags with all our favorite candy, veg out food, bottled water and lazy magazines to read.  She was so thoughtful with each of her choices - picking out my favorite magazines and all my favorite trail mixes and such!  She even made labels on everything just for the weekend!


After Sally and I leisurely got all dressed up for dinner, we drove to the airport to pick up the last member of the gang.  Melissa flew in all the way from Little Rock, AR and we grabbed her on the airport curb and headed straight to the Iron Cactus on 6th street downtown.  (It just so happened to be Cinco de Mayo weekend, so a Mexican restaurant was a must!)

On Saturday we spent a long day at Lake Austin Spa and Resort getting pampered with massages, steam room, sauna, outdoor and indoor pools and soaking in the relaxing environment!  We all needed the break from the business of being moms, wives and CEO's of the household!



At the end of our spa day we had reservations to get all dressed up and go out to eat Sushi at this great restaurant downtown.  However, after an entire day of getting ourselves uterly relaxed, we didn't want to get all dressed up!  So, we made a change of game plan and got Chinese food to go and had a picnic on the floor while we watched movies and stand up comedy on Netflix!  It was the perfect way to end a lazy day!

I am so grateful to everyone who helped my birthday weekend happen!  It takes a lot of planning and preparation and willingness on the part of supportive husbands and parents when mommy goes away.  So THANK YOU!  The time with my best girlfriends is so few and far between now, that I cherish every moment of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment