Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is my father's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

Yesterday, mom, Kellye, and I planned a secret little day for Papaw. Dad knew we were doing something for his birthday, but we didn't tell him what we were doing and we didn't tell him who would be there. It was a total surprise that Kellye was waiting at a Putt Putt Golf course to celebrate! (For those of your that don't know my dad's sister, Kellye, check out her website: www.kellyegray.com. The schedule of a jazz artist is always busy, so we were so excited that she was able to be with us that day!) So, Ian, the boys, JB, mom, Kellye and I were all there to celebrate with dad.

Let me just say that my father is an amazing man! I am so blessed to have had him as my dad in this life! He is the most encouraging, uplifting, genuine person I know. His spirit just permeates any room he is in and people just grow when they are around him. He can't help it; he is just that kind of guy! God has definitely set him apart in this life!

All in all, the kids had a blast running around the putt putt course, and when it got too hot outside we headed in for some fun inside. After the golf we all had dinner and a relaxed time to catch up. Dad was totally surprised by the whole affair and we had a blast! Here are a few pics from yesterday:

Dad blowing out his candle after dinner!

Elijah on the carousel

Joaquin LOVED riding on the horses!

The birthday boy actually won the putt-putt tournament!

Joaquin and Elijah got some good golf practice in!


Ian and Joaquin getting their golf clubs ready. The tiny clubs were so cute!

Here is a pic of the whole crew before we played miniature golf. Dad, mom, Elijah, me, Ian, Joaquin, John, and Kellye! We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment