Monday, November 18, 2013

Our little princess

It has been so much fun having a little girl in the family! I'm having a blast with little hair bows, lace and tutu's! Every day she seems to grow more and more alert of her surroundings. 


She is turning her head when we call her name and really trying to focus on the people around her.

So many of my friends sent sweet gifts or pass downs since I didn't have any little girl things this time around. 

Ian can't put her down. He is seriously smitten by this little girl and I think the feeling is mutual. 


He goes to sleep cuddled up next to her or with her laying on his chest. It is funny how by the time you have a 3rd child, the rules tend to go out the window. We know better than to sleep with her in the bed, but I just don't care. We know she should get used to sleeping in her bed, but we just want to hold and rock her while she sleeps.

Maybe it is because we know she is our last little baby so we are savoring each moment. I don't know. Maybe it is because Ian and I are a little older than we were when we had Elijah and Joaquin, or maybe it is just that we are more laid back about the whole thing. Whatever it is that has changed with us as parents, we are truly enjoying each moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment