Friday, March 23, 2012

An afternoon of mud

For 5 days straight it RAINED and RAINED here. I was going out of my head trying to think of things for the boys to do inside the house morning, noon, and night. We played play-dough, made forts, painted, colored, made puppets, had puppet shows, cooked cupcakes, made musical theater, watched movies and the likes.

Yet, on day 6, when the sun suddenly appeared, the boys went running outside in the backyard and I didn't stop them! Sooner than later, I realized they were going to get REALLY dirty on account of all the rain we had just had, so I just decided to go with it. The boys stripped down to their birthday suits and played in the mud for hours!

This was their favorite spot in the corner of the yard. They were playing makeshift mudslides, like a slip-n-slide, all along the grass and into the big mud puddle.

However, after a few hours of innocent muddy fun, the throwing mud became and issue and a few faces of mud later, we headed to the hose to clean off and into the shower to wash our hair.

In any case, it was a fun memory. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun way to spend a day! (Although I will insert the token wonderment at the switch from Arial to Times New Roman. Ian has gotten me way to much into typography.)

    ReplyDelete