Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reading


Yesterday while I was cooking dinner, I overheard Elijah talking to Joaquin. They were in the living room sitting on the couch and I couldn't see what they were up to from where I stood in the kitchen. The more I listened the more I wondered what they were doing. Joaquin was quiet as a mouse and Elijah was speaking with a sound of such confidence and persuasion that I had to walk over to see what they were doing. When I peaked over the top of the couch I saw Elijah and Joaquin with a book in their lap. Elijah proceeded to run his fingers along the words and "read" the book to Joaquin, who was intently listening and following the finger line along the words. It was so precious I quickly snapped a few shots with my phone. Ah, moments like these I will remember forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment